Who We are
Founded in 1991, Lambda is the Chamber of Commerce for the LGBT community in Las Vegas and Southern Nevada. Lambda began as a networking club and morphed into a full-fledged Chamber of Commerce shortly thereafter.
Our members include LGBT-owner or operated businesses, LGBT-friendly or supportive businesses, along with political, charitable or social organizations or individuals who follow our Code of Conduct.
Besides being good people, Lambda is a great business networking opportunity. As a group, Lambda does important community work, both with member volunteers’ time and financial support to other community organizations.
Check out the great 2011 Review-Journal article about Lambda and its continued growth. A few things have changed since the article, including our address, phone number and fees.
Lambda Business Association’s premier event is a lunch which is always held the second Tuesday of every month. The lunch is open to the public and hosted at Las Palmas Mexican Restaurant, 953 E Sahara Ave and begins at 11:30 a.m. Lunch is currently $18 per person, no RSVP necessary.
Membership is open to any business, person, organization or politician, subject to Board of Directors’ approval, based on our Code of Ethics.
Since 1996, Lambda has used various tag lines including "The Gay Chamber of Commerce", "The Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce", and is currently known as "The LGBT Chamber of Commerce".
Mission StatementThe Lambda Business Association is a networking, support and development organization for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgendered (LGBT) owned & operated businesses and professionals, and LGBT friendly businesses and professionals. LAMBDA recognizes its responsibility to nurture the success of individual members, thereby contributing to the economic, social and political well-being of the LGBT and the wider community. It is the goal of Lambda to maintain an environment of success for individual members through networking, support and development.
Code Of EthicsInclusion, not exclusion.
While Lambda is the LGBT Chamber of Commerce for Southern Nevada, we’re proud to claim many non-LGBT members as our allies. We’re in this for business, for equality, and even socialization. We don’t discriminate, even against folks "unfortunate enough" to not be LGBT.
1. Members will conduct business with honesty, integrity and fairness with respect to customers, clients and employees.
2. Each member will be accessible and accountable to customers or clients and make every reasonable effort to act in the customers' or clients' best interest and benefit.
3. No member will discriminate based race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, physical or mental ability, veteran status, military obligations, or marital status.
4. Each member will be responsible at all times for truthful and non-deceptive advertising and promotion regarding his/her business and its products and services.
5. Each member will conduct business with strict adherence to the laws of the state where located and to business or professional codes existent for the particular business or profession and in accordance with generally accepted practices.
6. Each member will support the equality of all people in all areas of life.